A bird view of VYASA Guwahati
VYASA Guwahati having its H.Q. at Bangalore got established in the year 2011 June. The objective of VYASA is to promote and spread the philosophical and practical knowledge of YOGA amongst the people of North East. Yoga is an age old science and way of life brings all round personality development and happiness in an individual in relation with his family, social and National life.
VYASA Guwahati is having Ad-Hoc Committee (Planning and Administration) for carrying out its regular and periodical yoga based activities.
Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (VYASA), Guwahati is Head Quartered in Bengaluru, Prashanti Kutiram. Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (VYASA), Bengaluru is a registered society dedicated to bringing the holistic vision of Yoga and spiritual lore as a way of life. Yoga as a way of life brings health, peace, efficiency, harmony and growth to solve the problems of the modern society and promotes ideal social order. To make Yoga, one of the greatest contributions of India to the world thought and culture, a socially relevant science has been the endeavour of VYASA. For making this possible, we follow the direction given by the great saint Swami Vivekananda who pronounced that we need to combine the best of the West (modern scientific research) with the best of the East (Yoga and spiritual lore) to bring a grand harmony and peace on earth.
|S-VYASA, Bengaluru is a Yoga University established by Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (VYASA), Bengaluru and is situated in a beautiful, serene and well maintained atmosphere spread over 100 Acres of land area; this|
is a major activity of VYASA besides many other health & education related activities. The objectives of it is to create awareness amongst the student community and inspire them to take up the systematic study of Yoga to make it the best option for the career building as well as to fulfil the dream of Swami Vivekananda.
The objective of VYASA Guwahati is to promote and spread the philosophical and practical knowledge of YOGA amongst the people of North East. Yoga is an age old science and way of life for human excellence and liberation. Through this knowledge one can achieve the physical, mental and intellectual excellence to fulfil the goal of life. Yoga Way of Life brings all round fitness and happiness in an individual, his family and his society.
Major events since inception:
SMET Program by Dr. H R Nagendra, Chancellor, S-VYASA Yoga University, Bengaluru
- International Day of Yoga : VYASA Guwahati organised a 2 hrs practical workshop on the occasion of International Day of Yoga on 21st June 2015 for the people of Guwahati to create an awareness regarding yoga and its application. The workshop was having a talk on yoga, benefits of Yoga followed by 45 mins. of yoga practice. All together 70 people attended the workshop.
- Stop Diabetes Movement Workshop (SDM) VYASA Guwahati conducted a workshop in May & June 2015 to train the Yoga teachers who will teach the yoga module of Diabetes developed by S-VYASA Yoga University with the support of YOGA DVD and booklet. All together VYASA Guwahati conducted 3 workshops, 2 are in Assam and one in Arunachal Pradesh (Guwaahti, Dibrugarh and Pasighat). Total 42 participants attended the workshop.
- Stop Diabetes Camps (SDM): With support of RSS and yoga teachers trained in SDM workshop, VYASA Guwaahti conducted Stop Diabetes Camp (SDM) in June, July 2015 at 8 places in Assam (Dibrugarh, Golaghat, Tezpur & Silchar), Arunachal Pradesh (Pasighat, Daporijo, ALo) and Cherapunjee in Meghalaya. Total 280 participants benefited by these camps.
- Preparation for International Day of Yoga, 2016: To observed and utilising the full benefits of IDY, VYASA Guwahati has planned to take the light of Yoga in farthest part of North East. To mark the IDY, VYASA Guwaahti and Ekal Abhiyan of Friends of Tribal Society together will organise the Yoga workshop with the protocol given by AYUSH and other important points at 4000 plus villages in 20 districts.
To train Yoga Teachers, who will conduct the Protocol given by AYUSH to the villagers, VYASA Guwahati organised 4 workshops in Assam and Manipur. All together 134 full timers underwent the workshop, and they will teach the yoga protocol to 4000 Ekal Vidyalaya teachers who will teach the villagers on IDY day, i.e. 21 June 2016. We have planned to take the yoga around 8,00,000 villagers on this day.
There is also planning to conduct one month yoga class at almost 100 places in 20 districts with the support of Ekal Abhiyan full timers.
- Yoga Classes: Regular yoga classes are being conducted at VYASA Guwahti yoga centre in 4 batches. 50 plus students are coming regularly to learn for to practice yoga.
- Yoga Therapy Classes: Regular Yoga Therapy Classes are being conducted in 2 batches and yoga therapy sessions as and when it is require. Around 20 participants in a month are attending the sessions.
- Yoga Instructor Course (YIC): VYASA Guwahati is conducting Yoga Instructor Course (YIC), 3 days in week for 8 months to train the instructors who can spread this movement of yoga in the society. In present batch 14 participants are attending the course.
VYASA Guwahati Team:
|Sri Subir Chattopadhyaya
RAHAN, Rajagarh Road, Guwahati – 781 003
|Shri Ajit Jana
M/S RIANGDO Veneers (P) Ltd, Lachit Nagar, Borthakur Mill Road, Nr. Ojha Mill, Ulubari, Guwahati – 781 007
|Sri Sumant Chandwadkar
VYASA, 4th Floor, H.No 6, Bye Lane No.7, Mother Teresa Road, Guwahati – 781 021
|North-East Coordinator and VYASA Yoga Center Incharge|
|Sri R S Joshi
S.D. Chakravorty Path. Behind ice factory, R.G. Baruah Road, GHY – 781 005
|Sri Suresh Beria
H.No. 10, Bye Lane No 4, Tarun Nagar, Guwahati
|Sri Promod More
More Path, Nr. Bata Shown Room, Paltan Bazar, Guwahati
|Sri Ashok Joshi
Privilege Advisory Agency, RAHAN, Rajagarh Road, Guwahati – 3
|Sri Promod Agarwala
Old office Lane, Rehabari, Guwahati
|Sri Vishwanath Goenka
Omkar Plaza, Hotel Vishwaratan, Agency Centre, Tokobari A.T. Road, Guwahati – 781 001
|Sri Romen Chakraborty
12, Bye Lane No. 4, R.G.B. Sarani, Barsha Para, Guwahati – 781018
|Smt. Dipanwita Chandwadkar
VYASA, 4th Floor, H.No. 6, Bye Lane No.7, Mother Teresa Road, Guwahati – 781 021
|Smt. Kavita Beria
H.No. 10, Bye Lane No 4, Tarun Nagar, Guwahati
|Smt. Sushma Joshi
S.D. Chakravorty Path. Behind Ice Cactory, R.G. Baruah. Road, GHY – 781 005
H.No. 6, Bye Lane No 7, Zoo-Narangi Road, Guwahati – 781 021
Ph: 94357 08835 / 94354 02976 / 0361-2411 444